Laser hair removal in Melbourne, FL from Fountain of You provides an incredible way to rid yourself of the daily hassle of shaving and other painful yet temporary means of hair removal on multiple parts of your body. We utilize the LightSheer INFINITY at our practice and this allows for a fully customizable procedure based on your individual needs. The entire hair removal process can be completed within a few visits and offers minimal downtime with excellent results. If you have questions about laser hair removal, please contact our office for more information. We would love to set up a FREE consultation for you to discuss your needs and get you started.
One thing we often get asked is what to do after your laser hair removal treatment. One thing to note is that this procedure is not invasive and you will be up and on your way in a short amount of time. To maximize benefits from laser hair removal, here are a few things you can do once your session is over.
- Stay out of the sun for at least 7 days post-procedure. You do not want to add additional heat to the treated area for about a week, so it is best to stay away from the sun during this time.
- Stay away from activities that generate heat added heat such as saunas, hot tubs, and hot showers and baths, for example. The excess heat can cause sensitivity issues so just take a break from heat-inducing activities for 24-48 hours after your treatment.
- Do not have any treatments in the affected areas for at least 2 weeks.
- After your treatment, you may experience redness or irritation. If this occurs, you may take over-the-counter pain medication such as Tylenol. Side effects are not common with laser hair removal; however, they can occur. If you notice blistering, pigmentation problems, swelling or redness that persists, or any other atypical reaction, contact our office for further instruction. Again, side effects from laser hair removal are very rare, but we do want you to be informed just in case.
- Keep up with sunscreen usage well after treatments end. It is important to use sunscreen every day anyway, but vitally so once you have laser hair removal treatments.
- You may need or want to shave in the treatment area and this is okay to do. However, do not pluck, wax, or use any other type of hair removal.
Laser hair removal in Melbourne, FL is one of the most common and used treatments that we do in our office because it is safe, effective, and lasts. We also offer cosmetic treatments like Botox, facials, IPL laser treatments, and more. We welcome any questions you may have and look forward to assisting you with a permanent hair removal solution that will undoubtedly free up so much time and energy in your life. If you’re in the Viera area or anywhere in Brevard and are interested in our aesthetic procedures, contact our office today!