Living in the heat and humidity of Florida does lead to some year-round closet perks. Because of the hot temperatures, residents enjoy the luxury of wearing less clothing than they would in any other state during any given season. With regularly exposed legs and arms, unwanted body hair can become a real issue for residents of Brevard County. Thankfully, beauty technology lends us a helping hand. At Fountain Of You, we understand why Floridians turn to us for smoother skin and lasting results! Our clients should know that the warm weather and the blaring sun can have various effects on laser hair removal if they don’t take the proper precautions, though. That’s why we put together this list of tips and tricks for laser hair removal for those living in the Melbourne, Florida area.
1. What to avoid
- Just like with any skin treatment or med spa regimen, there will be specific things to avoid so your laser treatments will yield the smoothest, sexiest results! Taking care and understanding what is necessary for the best results is a great approach to take.
- THE SUN!!! This cannot be talked about or yelled any louder. We know that the sun can cause damage to our skin, of course, but in terms of laser hair removal, you’ll want to stay out of the sun for a while before and after your laser treatment.
- Any type of tanning beds or self-tanners, anything that could possibly darken your skin tone, should be avoided altogether.
2. Prepping your skin
- Creating a good canvas for laser technology is imperative to great results and is a large part of our pre-treatment focus for laser hair removal at Fountain of You.
- Trying to get back to your ‘winter shade’ of skin tone is the best long term prep that you can start weeks before your appointment, especially for those living in Florida! Florida falls into the category of top ten sunniest states in the US; so, do yourself a favor and go for the ‘snow-kissed’ look instead of ‘sun-kissed.’
- Shaving and/or trimming is necessary the day before your scheduled appointment. Making sure the laser can ‘see’ your hair follicles plays an important part in the success of this procedure
3. Post Laser Hair Removal Appointment
- The gym, hot tub, or anything HOTHOTHOT will be a no-go in the first 24 hours post-appointment. Florida is extra hot (as we all know), so being extra careful about avoiding the heat will help prevent a bacterial infection from occurring.
- Razor=Your New BFF. Avoid plucking, waxing or dying the treated areas; razors will be your pathway to smoothness before and after your treatment as well until the process of laser hair removal is complete.
- WE ALL SCREAM FOR SUNSCREEN!!! This can not be emphasized enough. At Fountain of You, we believe in healthy skin, and SPF can help combat the powerful Florida sun rays as well as protect your newly lasered follicles. Specifically, a sunscreen with UVB and UVA protection will be the prime product for post-laser outings.
6. Consistent Laser Appointments
- Consistency is key in the beauty world, whether it is laser treatments, Botox, facials or Juvaderm injections. Keeping yourself on a consistent schedule will bring you closer to the aesthetic outcome you’re seeking. Not only will you be able to achieve the results you want, but you will also get a chance to relax on a regular basis at our beautiful med spa during your treatments. Call Fountain Of You in Melbourne, FL at 321.574.5376 to book your free consultation.