Weight Loss Melbourne Florida
Melbourne, Florida Weight Loss Programs
FirstLine Therapy (FLT) is a specialized therapeutic lifestyle change program unlike any other in that FLT system targets the underlying causes of chronic illnesses by incorporating a sensible eating plan, exercise, nutritional supplementation, and stress management. In fact, the following key characteristics are unique to the FLT program:
FLT is not just a weight loss program
Most programs are focused on weight while FLT is best used as a first line treatment for common, chronic health problems (e.g, high cholesterol, insulin resistance, unhealthy body composition).
The FLT eating plan is different
Most programs are focused on lowfat diets while FLT emphasizes the importance of a low-glycemic eating plan that is consistent with current research.
FLT incorporates medical foods and nutritional supplements
The appropriate use of medical foods and supplements enhances program effectiveness and shortens the time it takes for you to achieve risk reduction goals.
FLT has been demonstrated to be effective in human clinical studies
Most programs lack clinical evidence of effectiveness.
In order to measure your progress, you first need to know your current health status. A variety of health assessments may be performed, including a quick, non-invasive measurement of your body fat and lean muscle mass. Excess body fat can greatly increase your health risks. But a higher ratio of muscle increases your metabolism and is associated with a lower incidence of illness. Improving your muscle-to-fat ratio is perhaps the most powerful tool in controlling the aging process and restoring vitality. And
that’s what FirstLine Therapy is all about.
Your personal FirstLine Therapy program offers:
- Inital and follow-up testing
- Practitioner consultations
- Program guidebook
- Solutions for staying active
- Simple eating guidelines
- Progress tracking
- Lifestyle counseling
- Nutritional product recommendation
Did you know:
- Chronic diseases account for 78% of annual healthcare costs.
- Chronic diseases also account for one-third of the years of potential life lost beofre age 65.
- Most chronic diseases area caused by unhealthy lifestyle habits. For example, 91% of type 2 diabetes is caused by unhealthy habits and forms of behavior
- Chronic, disabling conditions cause major limitations in activity for more than one of every to Americans.
- The prolonged course of illness and disability from chronic diseases results in extened pain and suffering and decreased quality of life.
“Every human being is the author of his own health of disease” – Gautama Siddhartha
Reversing & Delaying
Extensive scientific research demonstrates that many of the chronic diseases associated with aging can be prevented or even treated by adopting a healthy lifestyle.
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Metabolic syndrome
A therapeutic lifestyle change program is recommended by leading health organizations as a first-line treatment option for many of the conditions above, as well as:
- Stress-related disorders
- Fatigue disorders
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Prostate problems
- Conditions related to overweight and obesity
A therapeutic lifestyle means making choices every day that will enhance health and help prevent disease. It means adopting habits of living that may delay the onset of illness in old age. It means increasing your years of good health and full functions. Finally, it stands for enabling yourself to achieve a full, healthy life!